Nearest Town: Skiathos Village
Date Established: 1914
Focal Plane: 128 feet (39 meters)
Height of Tower: 49 feet (15.1 meters)
Characteristics: two white flash every 10 seconds plus a red sector
Located on the highest point of Repi island about 3 miles (5 kilometers) off the southeast coast of Skiathos island the lighthouse marks the broad expanse between the Sporades and the islands of the Eastern Aegean Sea as well as the 2 mile wide (3.2 kilometers)
Channel between the island of Skiathos and Skopelos. It guides not only the larger ferry and cargo ships into Skiathos village harbor but also smaller vessels. Only shallow draft vessels can make passage between the islets and the larger Skiathos island as the area is shoaled and rock riddled.
In 1916 the beacon was listed as occulting white with a red sector. Today the red beacon has a range of 8 miles (12.9 kilometers) and the lantern has blanking panels to direct the white flashing light to the channel. Though the cupola is green great numbers of seabirds use it as a perch on their trans-Aegean journeys leaving it spattered white with guano.
A keeper from Gourouni lighthouse visits Repi Light regularly to check on it. The lighthouse is not open to the public and is accessible only by boat.