Nearest Town: Kymi
Date Established : 1897
Focal Plane: 138 feet (42 meters)
Height of Tower: 59 feet (18 meters)
Characteristics: white flash every 5 second
Located on a tiny islet about 7 miles (11 kilometers) off the town of Kymi on the northeastern shore of Evvia the conical tower rises from a square dwelling. Kymi is one of the oldest towns on Evvia and though no records exist to substantiate an earlier lighthouse its probable that some sort of beacon existed here prior to 1897.
The island of Skyros is visible northeast of the lighthouse and considerable shipping passes by including ferries.
The lights was built in part to guide the weekly steamer from Piraeus to Lavrio to Skyros. It passed Prasuda Light on its way into the town of Kymi. Oil wine and lignite were loaded as well as passengers. Islets riddle the shoreline here but only Prasuda Island was deemed important enough for a navigational aid. Ancient rock walls gird the island which is relatively flat on top. There are no inhabitants.
The Fresnel lens was replaced by a modern beacon years ago when the station was automated. Its range is 16 miles (25.8 kilometers). The lighthouse can be accessed by private craft from Kymi.